People often ask me …”What’s the best way to grow my practice?”
While there are many, there is one tried and true way, patient reactivations.
Here’s why it works...
It’s a better investment to tap into the patients already familiar with you than to go out seeking new patients all of the time.
You have already invested a lot of time, money and energy to get your patients, you might as well keep your name and clinic information fresh on their minds, and as often as you can!
When you do this, patients will know where to turn in times of need, and they will be able to refer friends and family to you as well.
It’s important to keep yourself in the front of mind awareness of ALL of your patients, both active and inactive.
One of the easiest and often most overlooked ways of reaching your patients is through printed or electronic newsletters.
Sending out a seasonal newsletter can be simple yet highly effective.
Here are a few reasons why it’s important to send newsletters to your patients:
- The more your patients see your name in front of them, the more likely they will be to turn to you in times of need or when the need a tune-up.
- When patients haven’t been in for a while, they may have simply gotten too busy and have forgot to check in with you for a tune-up. Sending a newsletter will remind them about your services and could reactivate your relationship with them.
- Newsletters distinguish you from other health care practitioners your patients may be seeing. Your professionalism and passion for acupuncture will shine through. People want to know they are receiving care from an expert who is dedicated to their work.
Here are a few "musts" when it comes to patient newsletters:
- Make sure the content is useful. Provide information your patients can put to immediate use or share with others.
- Keep the newsletter language clear and concise. Simple and straightforward writing is easiest to digest.
- Send your newsletters on a regular schedule. Once a month or once each season, whatever works best for you.
- Brand your newsletters by including your clinic name, address and phone number, personalized greeting or logo (seasonal Health Well News newsletters from Acupuncture Media Works can be personalized with your own greeting or clinic address).
When you keep in touch with your patients, especially the inactive ones, it gives you the opportunity to reinforce the message of health that acupuncture promotes.
Don’t let your patients fall through the cracks. Keep in touch as often as possible and in as many ways as possible. Newsletters are just one great way to do it!
If you are interested in using newsletters to grow your practice and to remain in your patients’ front of mind awareness, check out our catalogue of Health Well News newsletters below.
We have newsletters for all seasons, that contain many intriguing topics.
Yours in health and prosperity,
Jeffrey Grossman, EAMP
"Reach out to patients regularly and they’ll reach out to you"